Welcome to the Holy Trinity Parish website
Holy TRINITY PARISH
GENERAL GUIDELINES — COVID 19 IMPLICATIONS FOR THE CATHOLIC ARCHDIOCESE OF MELBOURNE AS AT Tuesday 4 August 5:00pm
As of 11.59pm Sunday 2 August, 2020 and for a period of 6 weeks unless otherwise directed:
• All places of worship including churches, adoration chapels and other church buildings used for public prayer and religious services are to be closed.
• WEDDINGS: No weddings are permitted unless an application is made to the DHHS for an exemption on compassionate grounds. If compassionate reasons permit a marriage ceremony to proceed, then only 5 people are allowed, comprising of the couple, the two witnesses and the celebrant.
• FUNERALS: will be limited to 10 mourners plus the minimum number required to conduct the funeral.
• BAPTISMS: are to be postponed, unless there is an and grave pastoral need.
• LIVESTREAMING: a limit of 5 in total may be present, including the celebrant.
• VISITATIONS: home visitations are not permitted unless for grave reasons. Only Clergy (Priests and Deacons) may visit. All hygiene precautions must be adhered including the wearing of face coverings. Holy Communion is not to be given to anyone in their homes or care facilities, including the sick and homebound, except as Viaticum for the dying, which may be administered only by Priests and Deacons, and complying with all hygiene precautions and the protocols of the relevant hospitals or aged-care facilities (washing hands, etc.) as appropriate.
• CURFEW: A Curfew is in place from 8pm until 5am each day. You may leave home for the purposes of essential work only.
• If you can work from home, you must do so.
All requirements around face coverings, hygiene and distancing must be met, along with the collection of contact details.
Holy Trinity Parish understands that these restrictions are truly disheartening and will bring renewed distress to so many families and individuals. As a community of faith, we remain constant in knowing that God is within us and seek his grace, patience, kindness and love during these unprecedented times.
Holy Trinity Parish will aim to continue to provide live streaming of Mass and more details will be communicated in the weekly bulletin. Let’s ride this storm together, remain steadfast in knowing that God has a plan and may we take this time of silence to seek what he is asking of us.
SATURDAYS at 7PM. The Link is http://holytrinityparish.org.au/livestreaming/
A Parish YouTube channel has been created where any videos will be uploaded. Please check back for notifications of any additional videos. Follow the link to the Holy Trinity Parish Bentleigh East YouTube Channel.
We support the endeavors of the Royal Commission to bring healing to victims of abuse.
Church’s website: www.facingthetruth.org.au